2014 was a busy year of growth and new opportunities for STEPS. We’re slowing down now for our summer break and festive season, as will our partner clinics. We are so proud of what we have achieved, and grateful to the people who helped us along the way.
Some 2014 highlights:
* Attended the Global Clubfoot Symposium in Barcelona, and walked the same corridors as Dr Ponseti did at the university where he studied
* Trained more than 70 people in three countries with our dedicated team of South African doctors as the Ponseti faculty trainers
* Launched the multimedia STEPS Ponseti for Parents© educational programme at our partner clinics
* Met so many lovely families and cute Ponseti kids at clinics, through online platforms (support groups, Facebook, Twitter, and email) and on the phone
* Employed our first Ponseti clubfoot clinic support coordinators to educate families and assist with patient admin
We are looking forward to some relaxation so we are ready for an exciting 2015. With new clinics coming on board, more parents enrolling in the education programme, and lots more training planned.
We couldn’t do any of it without the support from our programme partners – miraclefeet – the Ponseti doctors, and every single person who works with such dedication and passion for the Southern African Ponseti clubfoot clinics we are privileged to support.
Happy holidays and season’s greetings to the Ponseti community, we love you all!