We partner with the South African Paediatric Orthopaedic Society to train health professionals in the Ponseti method.
We also train in-clinic coordinators on parent education, clinic coordination, assisting with management of patient stats, and fitting the clubfoot brace. Contact us if you are interested in training in Southern Africa.
Workshops we've hosted
2006 - present
We’ve hosted numerous workshops and trainings since 2006.
1st South African Ponseti seminar: Achieving consensus (Johannesburg)
South African Ponseti seminar: Focus on state health sector rollout (Johannesburg)
South African Steenbeek Brace training workshop (Johannesburg)
1st Botswana Ponseti training workshop (Gaborone)
1st Namibia Ponseti training workshop (Windhoek)
Botswana Ponseti training workshop (Mahalapye)
1st Seychelles Ponseti training workshop (Mahe)
South Africa Ponseti Training workshop (Mahikeng)
Botswana Ponseti training workshop (Maun)
Namibia Ponseti Training workshop (Keetmanshoop)
Namibia Ponseti Training workshop (Oshakati)
Namibia Ponseti Training workshop (Windhoek)
Botswana Ponseti refresher training (Maun)
South Africa Ponseti Training workshop (Pietermaritzburg)
South Africa Ponseti Training workshop (Worcester)
South Africa Ponseti training course (Nelspruit)
South Africa Clubfoot information workshop for healthcare workers, Western Cape Department of Health (Cape Town)
South Africa Ponseti Training workshop (Durban)
South Africa Ponseti Clubfoot information workshop for Limpopo province (Polokwane)
South Africa Ponseti training course (Cape Town – Northern Cape trainees)
1st Steps clinic co-ordinator training workshop (Johannesburg)
South Africa Ponseti Training course (Port Elizabeth)
Webinar Series Steps Clubfoot Clinic Coordination
Webinar Series Expanding Clubfoot Treatment
Clubfoot Africa Conference
Virtual theory Introduction to Ponseti Method of clubfoot treatment, Stellenbosch University Physiotherapy students
Gauteng Ponseti training course (Nelson Mandela Children’s Hospital)
South Africa Ponseti Training course (Upington)
South Africa Ponseti Training course (Pietermaritzburg)
VIRTUAL CLUBFOOT EDUCATION
2020 - present
Since 2020, our team has also provided virtual training via webinars (Clubfoot Africa Education) and blended learning with virtual theory online and in-person theory and practical training workshops.
Clubfoot Clinic Coordination
Our first global webinar series ‘Clubfoot Clinic Coordination’ was presented in June and July 2021. It covered:
- Basic Clubfoot Knowledge: How to Recognise it and Treatment, with a focus on the Ponseti method
- Defining the Non-Medical Tasks in the Clinic and Communication Channels: – Parent Education, Data Capture, Brace Support, etc.
- Support: Understanding the Key Points of Parent Education and Support to Increase Adherence to Treatment
- Data: Reviewing Current Data Capture Tools, Types of Data, Submission and Use of Data
- The Clubfoot Brace: Types of braces, the Importance of the Clubfoot Brace,
- Clinic Processes: Reporting from the Field, Discussion of Challenges and Solutions in Low-Resource Settings
- Advocacy: Sharing Success Stories, Reducing Stigma, Increasing Early Diagnosis.
Expanding Clubfoot Treatment
Our second webinar series “Expanding Clubfoot Treatment” was presented in November and December 2021 and January 2022. This webinar series provided an opportunity to discuss the latest studies and knowledge on key aspects of clubfoot treatment.
- Treating Atypical and Complex Clubfoot – How these two types of clubfoot are diagnosed and treated (Dr Matthew Dobbs)
- The Role of Allied Health Professionals in Clubfoot Treatment – And the benefits of expanding access to treatment (Denise Watson-Tann)
- Clubfoot in the Older Walking Child – Treatment protocol for untreated and recurrent clubfoot incorporating the Ponseti Method (Dr Mathew Varghese)
Sign up to be notified about webinar updates: